Out & About and Places to Visit in Devon and Exeter
THE GREAT OUTDOORS – RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR
- The lodges are located on the edge of three beautiful fishing lakes so would be ideal for keen or beginner anglers. The lakes are well stocked with Carp, Tench, Roach, Perch and Bream. Fishing is chargeable at £6 per day or £4 for half a day.
- There are plenty of opportunities in the surrounding area to occupy even the most adventurous visitor, whether it’s fishing, walking, cycling, rambling, golf, horse-riding or sight-seeing, or if you prefer just kick back, enjoy the scenery and do nothing.
- The lakes are surrounded by a variety of established trees and vegetation, creating a haven for many species of plants, birds and wildlife; offering a delightful place to relax and refresh for all visitors.
WITHIN EASY REACH:
- Haldon Forest Park (2 miles)
Includes cycle trail, walks and play areas for all the family.
- Haldon Riding Stables (2 miles)
Small, friendly yard catering for both novice and experienced riders.
- Exe River Cruise (3 miles)
River Cruises on the River Exe and along the Jurassic Coast
- Exminster Golf Club (4 miles)
Exminster Golf Centre has some of the most spectacular views of any golf course in the area
- Crealy Adventure Park (7 miles)
Outdoor entertainment and all-weather indoor attractions for all the family
- Canonteign Falls (7 miles)
Combines sightseeing, scenic walks, lakes and wildlife.
- Powderham Castle (7 miles)
Located in a unique, picturesque setting beside the Exe estuary
- Dartmoor National Park (10 miles)
An area of 368 square miles – the largest and wildest area of open country in southern England
- Killerton House (11 miles)
One of the largest the National Trust estates and brings to life generations of one of Devon’s oldest families
- Miniature Pony Centre (12 miles)
Experience animals, activities and discovery, all set in 20 acres of beautiful parkland within Dartmoor National Park
- Bicton Park (13 miles)
Over 60 acres of beautiful gardens as well as a woodland railway and countryside museum.
- The Jurassic coast (15 miles)
The Dorset and East Devon Coast World Heritage Site is England’s first natural World Heritage Site
- Becky Falls (15 miles)
Offers scenic walks in a rugged Dartmoor landscape with waterfalls.
THE LOCAL AREA
- Escot House (16 miles)
Plenty to do and se for garden enthusiasts and families alike
- Paignton Zoo (17 miles)
Home to thousands of amazing animals and plants
- Castle Drogo (17 miles)
A remarkable granite building, set above the Teign Gorge
- Pennywell Farm (18 miles)
The largest farm tourist attraction in the south west of England
- Living Coasts Zoo (19 miles)
Coastal zoo and conservation charity
- Babbacombe Model Village (19 miles)
Thousands of miniature buildings, people and vehicles capture the essence of England’s past, present and future
- Knightshayes Court – National Trust (20 miles)
A Victorian country house with richly decorated interiors and a fine garden.
- Buckfast Butterflies & Dartmoor Otter Sanctuary (20 miles)
See butterflies in tropical surroundings and otters swimming underwater in specially built glass enclosures
- Pecorama (20 miles)
Take a ride on a miniature steam locomotive through the grounds, over bridges, through steep-sided cuttings and a long dark tunnel
- Seaton Tramway (21 miles)
A unique narrow gauge electric tramway, running on a 3 mile line from Seaton to Colyton
- Woodlands Family Theme Park (33 miles)
90 acres of family attractions, 16 rides, indoor & outdoor adventure park
- Forde Abbey (38 miles)
A former medieval monastery with beautiful gardens
- Exmoor National Park (40 miles)
Stunning landscapes, wilderness and tranquillity, and the glimpse of wild Red Deer or the native Exmoor Pony.
- National Marine Aquarium (41 miles)
The UK’s leading aquarium committed to education, conservation and research into the marine environment.
- Weston-Super-Mare SeaQuarium (62 miles)
- The Eden project (75 miles)
Top gardens and conservation tourist attraction.
Things to Do
- Tiverton Hot Air Balloon Festival
Aerial extravaganza with 50+, confirmed, Hot Air Balloons attending. Live music, local – fresh – food and stunning ‘Fire & Light’ shows on the Friday and Saturday nights.
- Devon County Show
Agricultural show offering fun and entertainment to families as well as people in the farming industry.